The End of My Summer
So I feel like I've been away from it all for several weeks now! I think it is time to post a lil' something about what I've been up to. :)
After ending my summer job with the District Attorney's office here in Los Angeles, I headed back to the Bay Area in order to fly away to Hawaii with Melanie. I spent several days in Waikiki and have to say...I have quite the tan. :) If anyone has ever seen the tan Hello Kitty doll, that's what I think I look like. Really unnaturally dark. Haha. My favorite thing about Hawaii was the bathtub warm ocean water...I could seriously spend all afternoon just floating on an innertube or boogie boarding or snorkeling in that water.
On my short soujourn home, I managed to get an oil change, a haircut, do some shopping, and visit my old company's annual picnic where I picked up a really cool fleece blanket. Heehee. Hooray for free stuff! :)
I then headed back to Los Angeles in order to attend a summer camp for the junior high and high school youth at my church. I was a cabin counselor for five high school girls, and I had an amazing time. In fact, I had much more fun than I anticipated. Heehee. I thought the week would be overwhelming and/or stressful, but in the end, I can truly say that I felt God's presence there the whole time and felt His love permeate the camp in a very tangible way. I am so glad I decided to go!
I got back on Friday evening and had some time to relax, clean up, do some errands, and sort of get ready for school. I got back only to realize that my internet connection was gone and the new internet service provider "welcome kit" still absent from the mailbox. Harumph. So, I'm making do without being "in touch" with the world via internet. haha. That is overly dramatic. But I do miss my 24/7 internet connection (though it does me some good to not be addicted to it, I suppose). :)
Today was my first day of class...and I kind of had that same sick feeling that I had every day last year. It's sort of like a sense of dread that I've only ever felt here at the law school. This year will be different though. :) If anything will change, at least my attitude will. :)


2 Comments:
I totally HAVE a tan hello kitty doll - i know exactly what you are talking about :)
I'm so excited to hear that camp was so great! :) REALLY glad!! :)
I hope you have a great first week of school...no sick feelings....you can do it!
You started school already!?!? That was fast. I was looking at Mel's Hawaii pics and you took some really great shots. I really like the beach one you have posted below, but I like the close-up pic of the green & yellow leaves (with the tree in the background) even more. :)
I have always loved and hated the first days of school. Good luck with all that reading and remember to get some sleep! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home