JChen03

Somewhere to quietly make noise...

Friday, July 14, 2006

The Target Black Hole...Where Did All My Money Go?

I made a little trip to Target (pronounced "Tar-Zhay") last night. The plan was simply to buy some contact solution, because I was on my very last drop, and Target has relatively inexpensive contact solution (2 for $13 as opposed to $9 at Safeway). I pretty rarely go to Target down here; in fact, this was only my second or third trip to Target since living here the past year. Maybe it's because I know what will happen...

This is the thing about Target: You CANNOT leave the store without spending less than $20. No matter what you're intention was going in. No matter how convinced you are that you only need garbage bags or batteries. TARGET SUCKS YOU IN. I only went for contact solution that would have been $14 with tax, but somehow I ended up spending $37 on random "necessities":

Pink cling wrap that was on clearance (yes, the color is what appealed to me)
Drano (my bathroom sink has been slow to drain)
Target brand napkins
Basket for Quentin (to hold my CDs)
Feminine items, bulk-size (ahem)
Pantene Shampoo, family-size

Actually, in looking at my list, I really did only buy pretty unfrivolous items. I just think it's funny that I really only intended on buying the contact solution in the first place. :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

You are so totally right. I went to Target last weekend to get toothpaste and came home with clear nail polish, juice, a couple of greeting cards, and Center Stage on DVD (it was only $5.50! I was weak!).

And your post has reminded me that I need conditioner and should go to Target again.

7:33 PM  
Blogger {cuppakim} said...

okay i'm so curious about this BASKET for your cd's why not a cd visor shade? i went to tar-get on sat w/ the moms and got her to buy a few items for me, but ended up spending like 21.37 or something like that. its a curse.

ps target at home is getting....A STARBUCKS. yup they ripped out the whole front tacobell/pizza section when you come home its going to be a whole new target...supposedly they are making their grocery section bigger too.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally can't relate, the only reason I go to target anymore is for wedding cards...i found this really nice one that I bought at least multiple times, but now I can't find them anymore...so I can easily walk in and out in 5 mins.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home