Independence Day '06
Happy Birthday, United States of America. <3, Julie. I don't know about you folks, but it's been a HOT 4th of July weekend here in West Los Angeles. HOT. The kind of hot where it's hard to sleep at night because you're sweating and still craving a popsicle or just a bucket of ice. Okay, okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit...but it's much hotter than I'm comfortable with.
The long weekend has been great so far! It's actually felt really long, too. :-) Friday through Sunday, I went to a church summer conference. Basically, the different congregations stay at Loyola Marymount University for the weekend and relax, listen to the speaker, hang out with other families (and us singles), and recharge. I enjoyed simply being around the different members of the church and getting to listen to God's words in a beautiful setting. The sweetness of God, for me, is experienced most vibrantly in the quiet moments away from everything and everyone else.
Since Sunday, I've also enjoyed another day of sailing (yay!) -- this time without getting sunburned -- some Jack Black (I saw "Nacho Libre"), some cooking time with my friend from small group, some more games, and some more cooking with Karen. All in all, it's been a very relaxing long weekend. Also HOT. But relaxing.
Anyway, that is all. Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July. :-)


2 Comments:
sailing? how fun! :) who do you go with? :) sounds like a fun, relaxing, and HOT last few days you have had :)
Very nice site!
Answering machine cel phone small breasts women red cashmere sweaters order phendimetrazine for sale on line air force saab viggen wellbutrin xr medication Beach girl voyeurs Generic for viagra Low income dental clinic Generic tenuate diethylpropion
Post a Comment
<< Home