Scary Pictures, Swimming, Songs
I just kinda liked the alliteration in the title of this post. ;-) However, I do have something to say about each of these things...
So one of the projects at work has been to go through some rather gruesome crime scene photos for a certain case. Another extern and I have both been assigned to the attorney working on the matter. Because I was too squeamish to look through the gory photographs, he (the other extern) took on the project of picking out the relevant ones...which of course, required looking through ALL of them. Today, I was helping him match up some of the photographs to some data, so he would flip through the photos and pre-screen them for me. Every few seconds, he would say "don't look now, it's a gross one!!" and "okay, the next page is fine." We did this for about an hour. Heehee. It was pretty funny.
In contrast to the rather bleak facts and ugliness I have been exposed to at work, it amazes me how there are so many things to be joyful about. Like swimming laps peacefully. Watching the sailboats lined up near the beach. Cooking dinner with friends. Reading a book. Enjoying being alive. I have it pretty good...
I was listening to my new Sara Groves C.D. in the car this week, and I love it so far. Whenever I buy a new C.D., I have to listen to it in the car about ten times all the way through before I finally retire it for awhile. :-) I'm only on round 3, so I have a ways to go. My favorite song is on Track One...
There is a love that never fails
There is a healing that always prevails
There is a hope that whispers a vow
A promise to stay while we're working it out
So come with your love and wash over us


1 Comments:
i'm totally like that about cds. i especially love cd's that can make it for a 10 cd rotation, w/o skipping certain (annoying) songs. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home