JChen03

Somewhere to quietly make noise...

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Spring is in the air...

I don't know about the rest of California, but it's been beeauuuttifulll the last few days in Westwood. The rainy days last weekend paid off, because the sky has been clear and gorgeous without any hint of smog. :-) It's been really hard to keep reading for class, because it's so nice outside. One of the student orgs had a bounce house, joisting ring, and dunk tank in our school courtyard this afternoon, so that made it even harder to get into the mindset for finals. The worst is definitely being trapped inside the library right next to the windows when it's so nice outside, so I tried to read contracts outside this afternoon, and it totally didn't work. I was too distracted by other people screaming as someone got knocked over in the joisting ring or dunked by a friend.

Anyway, sometimes I feel like an entire life time has passed since I entered law school. It's strange, because in reality, it's only been eight months. Right now, though, the two years I spent working for Google seem like they happened ages ago. Sometimes, I still have my doubts about whether or not I should have gone to law school. I thought about Google's cafe this morning when I toasted the Trader Joes crumpets I had in the fridge...and bit into one and realized it was moldy and sour. Yeah, it was actually pretty gross, sorry if that was a TMI. I also thought about that this past weekend when Melanie (who reads my blog and doesn't comment!) came to visit and we had so much fun just hanging out...it reminded me of all that time I had after work to play and see good friends.

I don't think I have a real point to this post. Perhaps that the grass is just always greener on the other side? I know I always complain when I'm bored and unchallenged (i.e. everyday at work when I had to appease an angry customer), but that I also complain when I'm overburdened and stressed. I think I should learn how to be more content either way. :-) For there's certainly good things to be had with both...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I am SO glad I didn't take up your offer to have a crumpet! (see there, I left a comment...now will you stop harassing me??!) :)

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I've always noticed that too...about Mel not leaving any comments. I bug her about it! Hahaha! Sounds like you had a good weekend despite all that rain. Mel told me about our former classmate and his personal ad. AHAHAHAHA!

And yes, the crumpet has TMI...I was eating a muffin at the time I read your blog...

Hey, I just noticed that Mel must have a Blogger account...grrr! (I'm hurt that she never signs up for a Xanga account to leave comments now!!!...well not that I blog a whole lot anymore, but still!)

-naomi :)

8:16 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

hmmm...yeah..b/c mel's comment didn't show up as "anonymous" which happens to those w/out blogger accounts. someone's been holding out on us this whole time....how many blogger/xanga accounts do you REALLY have??

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I don't have a blogger account - you just choose "Other" and type in your first name (which it prompts you for), and then it shows up as from you, rather than Anonymous.

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It appears that Mel is right!! Hahaha!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Doh. hahahahaha.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys are all so hilarious.

can i find out about the classmate with the personal ad here? fill me in. dont leave your other classmate out in the cold.


um also, 2 blogs in a row. nice jules.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home