JChen03

Somewhere to quietly make noise...

Monday, February 20, 2006

Skirting Around L.A.

I think I've seen more of L.A. this long weekend than I have all year living here. Quentin (my car) and I are exhausted!

Van Nuys: I went to the Ranch 99 on Saturday morning to get ingredients for wontons and ended up with that and much, much more. I have enough Chinese food to last me awhile...

Redondo Beach: I picked up Linds and from there took her to church in West L.A.

Downtown: I dropped off Linds at the train station in downtown L.A., and got so lost on the drive back (you have to change freeways so many times!), I had to phone a friend to steer me back on course. It took me 1.5 hours to drive home, but on the bright side I now know where Korea Town is. ;-)

Tarzana: I drove over to the Valley today (President's Day) to study with Jen in her new place of residence. She's got a Ross and Starbucks just minutes away. Lucky girl!

Pasadena: From Tarzana, I drove to Pasadena for a mock trial meeting at our captain's house. I didn't see anything exciting, but now I know what is Northeast of me.

ANYWAY, I'm sure to anyone who lives here, this sounds like no big deal. However, for me, this was quite a trek outside of my normal five mile radius around UCLA! :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger {cuppakim} said...

Sounds like fun and adventures jules!

My sis is right by Pasadena - and speaking of Ross, you can literally see the LIGHTED ROSS SIGN outside of her bedroom window, when I visited her last year, she was in class so I walked to Ross. Walking distance. you are jealous.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

There's lots of exciting stuff in Pasadena! Check out Old Town sometime...and the Norton Simon. And Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles. Mmmm....

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home