Ginsberg and the Getty
I went to my first uber law school event last week -- I heard Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg speak at UCLA on Friday. She was invited to speak by one of the Constitutional law professors. (Justice Ginsberg was the second woman ever named to the Supreme Court where she still sits).
My main impression of Justice Ginsberg was, dang, she's a smart lady. I was kind of annoyed by some of the questions posed by students (certain students asked the "I'm-just-asking-a-question-so-I-sound-smart" questions). However, Justice Ginsberg very quickly and very incisively answered questions to the students who were trying very hard to ask the tough questions.
My second rather cultural event of late was my trip to the Getty Museum. After living here for six months, I've finally made it to the beautifully landscaped museum on Sepulveda. I actually didn't enjoy the artwork very much (I get kind of tired of looking at paintings and standing around). I really liked sitting outside though. There's a nice view (even though L.A. is kind of smoggy). The gardens were really nicely maintained, and I love how the public can just go and sit for free on the lawns and picnic or play or whatnot.
I don't think I want to work anymore. I would like to sit in a park with a picnic and a good book and eat bonbons. Haha. Yes, bonbons. With someone fanning me with a palm frond. ;-)


1 Comments:
sounds so fun and relaxing...
dont you love saying sepulveda. it might be one of my favorite words to say out loud...
how neat, you encountered another famous person! LUCKY!
PS I found my bike. Phew.
PPS I still need to pick up my asahi thursday night.
PPPS Do you want me to drop off Rocky Mountain Climber, or Diamondback, or whatever big maroon is?
-K
Post a Comment
<< Home