JChen03

Somewhere to quietly make noise...

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Goodbye 2005

I got back to LA last night and realized I hadn't posted anything since before winter break. (I didn't have an Internet connection in the Bay Area!). Anyway, it feels like an eternity has passed since I last blogged during the craziness of 1L finals. I feel like I've been living in a blur ever since I entered law school.

Winter break had its good and bad. I'll leave out the bad for now, and just talk about the good. I caught up on much-needed sleep. I caught up on some pop culture, thanks to Kim and Melanie's tivo. I finally had tea in SF at a place called "Samovar," and the cafe was super cute and the tea was delicious! (When I'm back, I want to try LoveJoy's and Secret Garden). I loafed about and got to act goofy and irresponsible with the older sister. I got to visit PBC and hear a really awesome sermon on God's good intentions for our lives. I caught up with several people and remembered what it felt like to be able to share my life honestly with friends. I'm sure there were other things about winter vacation (aside from the splendor of relaxation itself) that I'm thankful for, but those are the ones that come to mind for now...

So now it's back to school. It's spring in LA and my second semester before I am an OWL (older wiser law student). My hope is that my blogs from here on out become less stressed-out-sounding and more optimistic, less complaint-ridden and more encouraging. Here's to a new year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home