JChen03

Somewhere to quietly make noise...

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Duties

We talk about legal "duties" all the time in class. Actually, "Duty" is chapter 3 of torts. I think my torts professor uses the word at least five times per class.

Yet, I don't know about you (maybe you are more mature than I am), but I ALWAYS think about Chandler Bing and that job interview episode of "Friends" during which he started cracking up when the interviewer asked him about his job duties. Because "duties" sounds like "doodies," which sounds like "poop." Heehee. At least to people whose humor didn't really advance past the third grade.

Everytime someone mentions something about "duties," and "duty theory," and when someone has a "duty," I just think of poop and chuckle inwardly. Which is really sad, because I should have gotten over this childhood nonsense over bathroom humor long, long ago. I can just imagine being in a courtroom and a judge asking if my client had a duty...and me just starting to laugh hysterically because my mind is on the subject of poop. Oye!

4 Comments:

Blogger {cuppakim} said...

um, excuse me i read your blog briefly saturday evening, sunday am the sermon was about "need" and different reaons for need (absense of something, DUTY, and desperation)....

lets just say after your blog, i was snickering in the pew :)

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

doooodie.
:) geets

and yes, i totally love that movie. paul rudd...yum.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious Julie! I do remember that episode! If you were still on Xanga, I'd give you two eprops! :) -naomi

3:16 PM  
Blogger Nelson said...

Hi jchen03! Long time no talk! The sad thing about your post is that I ask people about their doodies (not their duties unfortunately) almost every day, and on extra special lucky days I get to feel their doodies too. Sorry to ruin the fun of doodiness, although it is a cool word. Doodie.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home