JChen03

Somewhere to quietly make noise...

Monday, September 05, 2005

Back from Yosemite

I spent Friday and Saturday of this long weekend up in Yosemite with other YAF-ers. I had a really lovely time hanging out with friends in beautiful Yosemite Valley. Drove up from L.A. on Friday late morning after my class; it was great. We took our time, experienced no traffic, and finally made it to the "Housekeeping" camp at around 7:00pm. We got to camp at the same time as another car, so we all had some time to enjoy the remaining daylight before heading to bed.

Saturday, I went on a hike up to Tuolumne Peak. Actually, it was a peak next to Tuolumne Peak but it was technically higher anyway. The hike was off-trail, so we used GPS and our heightened sense of balance to make it up the rocky mountain face. This year the weather was much, much nicer (not at all like last year's extreme cold on Half Dome). I even fell asleep for a few minutes at the summit during lunch time. :-) After we trudged back down and made our way back to camp, I helped with cooking dinner...pasta with sausage and mushrooms. Mmmm..yummmm.

On Sunday morning, a group of us went to a church service at the tiny chapel in Yosemite Valley. The modest chapel was nestled across the way from giant rock faces. The juxtaposition was awesome. I left Yosemite at around lunchtime and made it back to L.A. in just five hours. I think I must speed or something...I actually had a really enjoyable drive back. I listened to worship songs and rocked out the whole way back, winding through the hills on Route 41 and through Fresno.

Today, I had time to relax and catch up on homework, grocery shopping, and of course, blogging. ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger {cuppakim} said...

yay. i was giong to send you an email and ask how yosemite was. b/c there was NO WAY you'd blog about it - but look you proved me wrong.


ps stardust is kinda missing quentin and regrets the break up.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think we climbed a mountain next to Tenaya Peak, not sure if there's a tuolomne peak...glad you came up from LA this past weekend

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home