2 Flights Almost Down..14 to Go
I'm heading down to L.A. this weekend (tonight actually) to look for an apartment!!! I'm hoping for success, so please keep your fingers crossed for me! :-) This week has really flown by, and I'm looking forward to taking care of business and also enjoying the holiday weekend. I signed up for Southwest Rapid Rewards, so I get a free flight for every 16 flights I take (8 roundtrip flights). I'm making progress. And you know how I feel about "free." ;-) This girl is going to be flying this year, if you know what I'm saying.
In other news, my arms and legs are a bit sore from rock climbing yesterday. I went to Planet Granite last night after work and took a belay lesson. I can now tie a figure-eight knot and a slip knot even though I was initially extremely knot-inept. Climbing was so much fun; I can definitely see indoor climbing being the kind of sport one gets addicted to. It's the whole idea of slow but doable achievement. It's like Super Mario Brothers back in the day of 8-bit Nintendo when games were still played with "levels." You knew you had 8 different "worlds" to conquer before beating the game, and you knew that it was really quite difficult to ever beat the game fully. Yet, you could make slow and steady progress through each level, which made the game worthwhile even if you never reached the final battle. And you got to learn cool tricks along the way, like how to get magic flutes to warp you to other worlds and how to earn extra lives in secret tunnels. I feel like there should be another metaphor here for old-school Nintendo...man, this blog really dates me. *Gettin' old...


2 Comments:
okay, any blog that mentions nintendo deserves 4 stars. its like pure nostalgia at its best when you mention the 8 worlds, princess, or goombas. funny thing, at work today we were just TALKING about original nintendo. ahh. i LOVED those long summer days of no responsibility and we would sit and hibernate with a soda and sore thumbs. :)
okay, fyi, you should pay attention to southwest specials - a lot of times they'll offer double or TRIPLE credit for a certain period through online booking. :) you'll reach your free flight FASTER :)
<3<3<3
oh mi god youre rock climing too now!!! i guess this just leaves me, im always too behind you and carissa ;) im still working on the running :) just kidding, im excited, its cool your climbing : )
geets
Post a Comment
<< Home