Whitewater and Slogging
So I have been a slogger lately! As others have noted about my prolific blogging habits, one week without blogging for me is very uncharacteristic! I will try to make up for it with a post.
I survived my first whitewater rafting trip last weekend! :-) Friday afternoon, I joined a handful of other PBC-ers and embarked on a five-hour car ride up to the American River. Along the way, we played "two truths and a lie" and "convergence" for a REALLY long time before reaching the River Inn where we stopped for dinner. The highlight of the drive - the one-man guitar-playing singer at the restaurant who had a crazy mullet going on. It was definitely business in the front, party in the back. Our campsite was really nice - the rafting company we went with had the site set up with tents and sleeping mats. I slept like a rock. I was so comfortable. Next time I camp, I'm TOTALLY going to get one of those foam pads.
Our day of rafting commenced early Saturday morning with a van ride over to Middle Fork. Our guide, John, was a twenty-one year old recent graduate from Chico. He told us stories of almost getting killed rafting and how to escape from a vortex of water. Whee! On the first half of the day, I sat in the middle right of the raft. The water was FREEZING. Chi, who sat with Matt in the front of the boat, was the screamer. Barbara and I shared the middle section. I was also a big screamer. Joyce and Patricia sat in the back. They were quiet and calm. The best ride of the day was "tunnel shoot." It was a class 4/class 5 rapid and the boat just rode a tunnel of water down as buckets and buckets of water from all sides poured into the boat. We couldn't see a thing and clung to the middle of the boat and each other.
Other than that, it's been a busy week back at work. This is my last full week (more nostalgic blogging to come next week whence I leave for good), so I've had some busy-bee days. Besides getting work things squared away, I've also been trying to take full advantage of work benefits before I hand in my badge. *tear. That means, chair massages, snacks, espresso machine, gym, breakfast/lunch/dinner privileges must be used NOW. Heehee. Okay, that's it for now, I'll post more later.


3 Comments:
What is a PBCer?
Name of my church (Peninsula Bible Church). =)
rafting sounds v.good. hahah about "taking advantage" of google before you're leaving, I'd totally do that. dude, will you mooch some smart waters from google for me!!! gatta take advantage.
oi im so asian, its sad.
geets
Post a Comment
<< Home