Giving Notice
I officially gave notice about my last day of work this week; my last day is set for July 7, just a mere 3 weeks from now. Yikes! I was kind of amazed about how easy it was to do something so...well, so final. In a manner of minutes, I explained to my manager (someone who recently became my manager, so I'm not too familiar with him) that I was planning on leaving Google for other things at the beginning of July. And just like that, I set my last day and started receiving emails about exit interviews, a meeting with the director, and turning in my laptop and badge in the coming weeks. I also had my leave announced in the weekly big team meeting. I feel as though I've finally set off a chain of rather life-changing events that are now going to unravel and unfold almost beyond my control...for better or for worse...hopefully for the better. :-)


4 Comments:
first of all, congrats!
and yes, i agree i think it still amazes me how events, which turn out to significantly alter the course of your life often happen with little fan fare or hint of their underlying importance.
geets
happy early birthday to you. retirement.
okay...time for the panic to begin right? :)
<3<3<3
'exit interviews'? eeps!
Congratulations Julie! It is totally weird how such seemingly little decisions can totally affect the rest of your life. Good luck!
Post a Comment
<< Home