The Search for Housing Continues...
This has been a really long and busy Fourth of July weekend. Hmm..where to begin, where to begin. Cindy (future roommate) and I flew down to L.A. on Friday evening, where we began our hunt for an apartment. After plunking our stuff down at my sister's friend's apartment (she graciously let us stay in her place this weekend while she was in Vegas), we ventured for food in Koreatown. Cheap, hot food = happy Julie.
The next day was full of apartment visits, Westside, Woodcliff, Rosewood...the complexes all kind of meld into each other now. After the fourth or fifth place, a 2-bedroom anything kind of looked the same to me. We finally found a place that was nice and convenient, but...it was expensive and had no availabilities for the time being. *Sigh. Now I understand why looking for housing is such a pain.
We flew back on Sunday afternoon, narrowly making our flight to SJC. We took our seats on the plane at 2:40...five minutes before take-off. I'm amazed we actually made our flight. Got home, and got to visit Napoleon - one of the animals at the housesitting for this weekend. Napoleon was hilarious; he was the neediest bassett hound I've ever met (not that I've met very many bassett hounds). Napoleon needed constant petting, and he continued to whine even while petting him and if you stopped petting him, he'd whine some more. After playing with the doggie, I made my way back to San Mateo, joined Melanie for some fish ball soup in downtown and some much-needed vegging, and headed home.
My actual Fourth of July was pretty tame. Went to a bbq. And that's about it. Nothing else huge happened...I don't even think I heard fireworks. And today, the fifth of July, I had the day off, which is sort of misleading since I'll soon have many days off from work...the thought of quitting my job still hasn't really hit me yet. I'm trying not to think about it, because I think it'll make me sad. So...I will change the subject. Hope you all had a safe, happy long weekend. :-)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home