JChen03

Somewhere to quietly make noise...

Monday, February 13, 2006

The Olympics Continue

I just spent the last three hours sitting on my couch studying and watching the Olympics because I had to see the results of the Pairs Figure Skating. =) The Russians won. Again. (They dominate the event).

I was somewhat disappointed because my favorite pair entered the Games with an injury (Shen Xue and Zhao Hongbo of China), effectively taking them out of the hunt for the Gold. They amazingly still came in third place after not competing all season. (Zhao was out with a torn achilles for the year). But, their performance was definitely not the best I'd ever seen of them.

There's something so addicting about watching the Olympics. I can sit for hours and watch people do sports as seemingly boring as curling and speed skating. Yet, no matter what the sport, I get a little teary-eyed when someone's dreams come true and they complete an all-time-best run. It's sad, but true. I cried when Shaun White (who I'd never heard of until this week) won the Half-Pike.

Only a little over a week left until Women's Figure Skating starts! YAY!

1 Comments:

Blogger {cuppakim} said...

women's curling today.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home