JChen03

Somewhere to quietly make noise...

Monday, April 10, 2006

Shortcuts

Cindy and I had a dinner guest on Sunday, and she mentioned my change in cooking habits: I've gone from quite ambitious to very lazy. That's what law school does to you perhaps. I actually love cooking, but I've been so wiped out that I've resorted to many shortcuts. My staples are the following: frozen wontons, frozen pees, frozen banana waffles, triscuits, macaroni, microwaveable soup, bananas (nothing to peel or wash!), prunes ("dried plums" according to Trader Joes), and yogurt. Notice the trend in easy-to-make, virtually cook-less cooking!

One of my other shortcuts of late is to drive to the bus stop. Really, this is rather sad because walking to the bus stop is my only current form of exercise. However, I've had several school events that have run late or have required lugging around a suit, so it's much easier to park and walk and avoid walking home late at night. Anyway, it does make me feel pretty lazy.

Finally, I've discovered some driving shortcuts. I have my route to LAX that avoids the 405 and my route from church that involves cutting across Sepulveda and avoiding 405 (can you tell that I don't like the 405?). I also have figured out how to get from my house to school in 10 minutes if I go back to the library in the evening (after the traffic has passed).

Oh yes, and I'm also sleeping in my clothes, cutting down on brushing my teeth, and no longer showering. JUST KIDDING. Dude, I'm not THAT crazy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Frozen pees! Heehee. I'm SO 12 years old.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! wonderful, the life of shortcuts. you knwo you are in a serious routine when you are down to the short cuts :)

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home