Stenographers, Grocery Outlet, Renee
What do these things have in common? Well, nothing really. But, I thought I'd briefly mention my encounter with each today.
This morning, I got up EARLY to go to Cerritos for a little practice mock trial scrimmage. I didn't really fully understand the purpose of the scrimmage until I got there; I just knew we were helping out a class for courtroom reporters at a college. As it turns out, when we got there, there was a room full of soon-to-be courtroom reporters and their machines! It was so trippy to see all of the women fixated on every word, trying to get their WPM up to speed. I must say, it was a cool experience, though.
On the way back from Cerritos, our driver, Mark, wanted to stop by a grocery store. I didn't realize until today that he wanted to go to the CANNED GROCERY OUTLET! It's the home of one too many childhood memories and stories of buying discounted fruit and canned goods in foreign languages. Anyway, I was totally excited to find squeezeable cranberry sauce for $0.33 and jumbo can of soup for $2.
After leaving my past home-away-from-home, I FINALLY saw someone famous (*I think*). I was driving to my apartment on Westwood Blvd, and I'm pretty sure I saw Renee Russo! Now, I could be totally off, and it may turn out she's filming a movie in Cambodia right now, but I'd like to think that my star-gazing finally came to fruition. Teehee.


2 Comments:
ok congrats on your celeb sighting. and more importantly a trip to the canned food outlet. love it.
Isn't it so exciting to sight a celeb!?! I love it! And wow! Renee Russo?!
-naomi :)
Post a Comment
<< Home