O --- klahoma...where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain!
I just spent a lovely weekend in the Sooner state -- that's right, Oklahoma. I went to a friend's wedding and I had a very nice time. :-)
I arrived at the Will Rogers Airport late evening on Friday only to be picked up by my college friends in a rented black PT Cruiser! It was so much fun to drive it. We all took turns getting behind the wheel of the fun car. Heehee. We stayed at a really nice Mariott Hotel and slept super well over the weekend (I think we may have averaged nine hours a night!).
The wedding was beautiful; it was in an Episcopalian church. I got teary eyed because my friend, the groom, was all teary eyed through parts of the ceremony. :-) Following the ceremony, there was a courtyard reception with wine and cheese, music, and mingling. The courtyard was just outside of the church. The official reception was in a very elegant room in the church. There was a buffet set up and a small dance floor. Most of the night, we just goofed around and danced and took pictures. After the wedding, we decided to do something classy...so we went to Taco Bell, ordered food in the drivethrough (with our PT Cruiser), and ate on the curb outside of Taco Bell.
I found many things interesting about Oklahoma: (1) there was very little traffic and so much space!; (2) people really REALLY like football (the roads were clear on Saturday because of an OU game); (3) there are midwest chains like Dillards, Sonics (park n' eat fastfood), Braums, and more; (4) gas is almost a dollar cheaper; (5) southern accents; (6) lots of Caucasian people; (7) pretty houses made out of brick; (8) lots of churches; (9) the "big" airport had only 1 terminal servicing all its flights; and (10) people are generally very polite and friendly -- I guess there is something to be said about southern hospitality.


1 Comments:
i love southern hospitality!!! :) we went to a sonic in mississippi too!! :) drive in so cool. i guess there is one in tracy out here too. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home